So it’s been a minute hasn’t it?!! I am sitting at my desk, Jhene Aiko (cheers Ibby for the recommendation) in tow, literally pleading for forgiveness!! The hiatus can and will be explained so don’t give up on me just yet…
I have been missing in action due to the following reasons (that sounds horribly formal):
- Exam season – African civil wars, foreign aid, infectious diseases…you know the drill.
- Work – super busy but rewarding nonetheless…
- Travel – I visited the Motherland
- Wedding planning – is in full swing!!!!!! (countdown until I become Mrs O *skelewu’s*)
SO in between trying to coordinate revision notes, prepare briefings for work, decide on wedding favours (who came up with that ‘ingenious’ name anyway?!) and finalise my future living arrangements, blogging kind of fell by the wayside…
But all hope is not lost; I am back minus the vengeance and as a result this post is quite light-hearted. I just wanted to share some things with you that I have chronicled in my journal over the past couple of months…the pages are erratic but there is a method to my madness I assure you:
- Trust in God – (Isaiah 2:22) this has become more apparent now more than ever. He is constant and consistent always.
- Spend more time with family – The BEST. PEOPLE. EVER. This doesn’t necessarily mean blood relations too. Its whoever you regard as family. This year I made a conscious decision to spend more time with my family. It is one of the most rewarding decisions I have made. The laughter, support, love and encouragement is second to none; I love my family to the end of the earth and back.
- Focus on the positivity – block out the negativity and get rid of anything that is no longer serving your purpose of making you happy. YOU are in the driver’s seat of your life and if someone is bringing you more sorrow than joy then it’s time for them to make a swift exit.
- Do whatever gives you fulfillment! – I love two things – stationery and writing. I think there is honestly something very therapeutic about putting pen to paper. So I decided to do something to bring the two things together – I signed up for a calligraphy class *throws pilot pen up in the air.* Its random but maybe I will resign to just writing long love letters to the Lover and then place them in a bottle under his pillow??? Who knows but one thing’s for sure – I will be doing something that makes me happy and my happiness is paramount.
(P.s. I have FINALLY read Americanah! So ready to have a conversation about it…let me know your thoughts on it? I am currently now reading the infamous Gone Girl! Anyone read it yet?!)
Until the next time…xxx